Restylane was the first hyaluranon dermal filler available in NZ and remains one of the most popular dermal fillers available.
Restylane is used for wrinkles and lines and for adding volume to the face and lips. Restylane is used in the following areas:
- upper lip lines -this will stop lipstick from bleeding.
- lip enhancement -for more sensual fuller lips and to restore lost volume in older women.
- nasolabial folds - from nose to the edge of the mouth.
- oral commissures - from the corners of the mouth to the chin often causing a sad look to the face.
- volume replacement for sunken cheeks and under the eyes.
- chin enhancement - to make the chin more prominent
- sunken temples
- eyebrow elevation
- forehead lines
- scar elevation - often scars are sunken in so by elevating the scar to the level of the skin the scar will often look less obvious.
- pillow face -many celebrities are now seen with much fuller cheeks - the so called pillow face or pillow cheeks. This look can be subtle or full on like the celebrities but we find most New Zealand women and men prefer a more subtle natural look. The look is achieved by placing SubQ under the skin of the cheeks where it will last for 18 months to two years.
Restylane comes in several forms: Restylane, Perlane, Vitale and SubQ.
- Restylane is primarily used for lip enhancement and wrinkles and lines.
- Perlane is used deeper in the skin or fat space for folds and volume replacement.
- SubQ is used very deep for large volume replacement in the cheek.
- Vitale is used for skin hydration on the face, neck and hands and can also rehydrate the lips.