Dr John Barrett
FNZSCM. FFMACCS. FACP. FRNZCGP.
Dr John Barrett is a leader in the field of liposuction and liposculpture and now exclusively performs these procedures.
Dr Barrett had the privilege of attending Dr Jeffrey Kleins course in California on tumescent liposculpture and has also trained with the originators of liposuction, Dr Giorgio Fischer from Rome and Dr Pierre Fournier from Paris. Dr Barrett has performed liposuction on the “Ten Years Younger” TV programme. He is on the liposuction register of the Australasian College of Cosmetic Surgery (ACCS) and has a Diploma of Lipoplasty from the ACCS. He performs liposculpture under a type of local anaesthetic called tumescent anaesthetic on virtually any part of the body. Because the patient is awake under light sedation they can be moved at any time which is critical for three dimensional contouring of the body.
Dr Barrett was the founder of Palm Clinic in 1996 and sold the business to Dr Sam Dunn and Dr John Dunn in November 2015. Dr Barrett introduced Ultrasound Guided Sclerotherapy (UGS) for varicose veins to New Zealand in 1998 and was an early adopter of endovenous laser ablation (EVLA) for varicose veins.
- Fellow (Faculty of Medicine) Australasian College of Cosmetic Surgery (ACCS)
- Diploma of Lipoplasty from ACCS
- Foundation President of New Zealand College of Appearance Medicine (NZCAM)
- Fellow of the New Zealand Society of Cosmetic Medicine (NZSCM)
- Fellow of Royal NZ College of General Practitioners (RNZCGP)
- Foundation Chairman of the NZ Faculty of the Australasian College of Phlebology (ACP)
- Fellow of the Australasian College of Phlebology