Male Love Handles Liposuction
Lovehandles reliably treated by liposuction.
It may be an unfortunate name, but lovehandles is what everyone calls them and that's what men want to get rid of, that unsightly bulge sitting above the belt line which appears unathletic, a sign of middle age. And like all areas treated with liposuction, there is precious little that diet and exercise can do about lovehandles. No number of abdominal crunches or trips to the gym make an impression. Liposuction can be a saviour here. It is a reliable way of vastly reducing these fatty bulges that look so unflattering in the mirror in the morning.
With modern low cut trousers it makes it even harder to hide lovehandles. They are generally resistant to exercise and diet so the best way to banish love handles is liposculpture.
Often the abdomen is treated at the same time, so the whole of the spare tyre is reduced. Lovehandles can be large or relatively small, the technique is the same and the results are dramatic.
More genuine before and after photo's of liposuction of the love handles can be viewed in our before & after image gallery.
- Individual results may vary*
- The love handles have been treated with liposculpture at Palm Clinic which gives the male body a more chiselled athletic look.*
- Love handles in men respond well to liposculpture. This area is often combined with the abdomen for optimal results.*
- This man had been fit all his life but was never able to remove the lovehandles. He finally decided to treat the lovehandles plus had a litre of fat removed from the abdomen. he is delighted with the improvement in appearance and his ability to wear more fitting clothing.*
- Four litres of fat were removed from this mans abdomen and love handles using liposuction under tumescent anaesthesia. He was back at work in 3 days.*
- Lovehandles reduced by liposculpture make wearing low fit trousers much easier and remove the fat that hangs over the top of trousers.*
*Please note that individual results may vary from patient to patient, and the information provided on our website is only a guidance to the possible results.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is a candidiate for lovehandes liposuction?
Any man with accumulations of fat at or just above the level of the belt can benefit from this procedure. If you can pinch a roll of fat between your fingers here or see a bulge at this level in the mirror, liposuction will help get rid of this area.
Are there any scars?
There are usually three to four small 2mm wide access holes per area treated. These are not sutured after the procedure and essentially are invisible after a couple of weeks.
What other areas are treated at the same time?
Many if not most men will elect to have the abdomen treated at the same time. This makes sense as the love handles usually continue into the abdomen and treatment of the whole of the spare tyre will give the best results. Breast reduction is also sometimes helpful and can be sometimes treated at the same time or separately.
What support garments are required?
A special compressive suit is worn for 3-6 days after the procedure. This is a light garment and can be easily worn under normal clothes, though a dark coloured shirt is necessary, so the the colour of the garment does not show through.
How long does the procedure take?
Most procedures involving the love handles take from between two to two and a half hours.
How much time will I need off?
In general you should plan on returning to work on day three. It would be about three weeks before normal gym activities or jogging should be restarted.
And the cost?
The cost of this procedure varies according to the areas that require treatment and whether the area is treated alone or in conjunction with other areas. For a more accurate estimate use our on-line booking
or phone for an appointment at Palm Clinic on 09 522 8128.