Liposuction to lose stomach fat
The abdomen is a problem area for many women, particularly after childbirth and responds extremely well to liposuction.
Unwanted accumulations of fat can make clothes difficult to fit. It may be impossible to buy clothes "off the rack". Liposuction to the tummy and waist is often extremely helpful in these situations, and skin laxity is rarely a problem after the procedure. In fact, it is possible to remove quite large overhangs of skin without the need to resort to a "tummy tuck" (where the skin is cut and an ugly scar remains). Abdomen liposuction performed under "tumescent anaesthetic" is called Liposculpture.
The tummy can be sculptured much better because you are awake during the procedure and can be moved around to achieve 3D body contouring. I commonly include the hips when I perform tummy liposuction. Usually the upper and lower sections of the abdomen are treated at the same time. This helps to significantly reduce the midriff area just below the rib cage which bulges when sitting. Any size of abdomen can be treated with liposuction, small abdomens can be flattened for a "washboard stomach" and pot bellies removed.
Often liposculpture of the abdomen can be combined with treatment of the hips and waist and the size of the whole torso is reduced, creating a narrow waist, diminishing that square, matronly look and giving the whole central section a real rejuvenation. Even if the skin and tissue appears loose with extra skin in folds over the abdomen, liposculpture can vastly reduce the excess skin with no cuts and thus minimum disruption to a busy schedule. Whether a lot or a little needs to be removed, a dramatic aesthetic improvement can be achieved. More genuine before and after photo's of liposuction of the abdomen can be viewed in our before & after image gallery.
- Liposculpture to the abdomen area.*
- Liposuction of the abdomen. This lady did not want a tummy tuck.*
- This amazing result was achieved by liposuction alone. She did not want a tummy tuck*
- Liposculpture to the abdomen area.*
- Before and after photo's of liposuction to the abdomen.*
- 2650ml of pure fat was removed from the abdomen and flanks of this women in her late fifties using liposculpture*
- This 55 year old woman has achieved a good improvement of her abdomen and hips from tumescent liposuction. The doctor removed 2050ml of pure fat from these areas.*
- The abdomen, hips, outer and inner thighs have been treated for a very pleasing improvement in body contour which has allowed this woman to completely change her style of clothing.*
- Tumescent liposculpture to the abdomen and flank*
- 1600ml of fat was removed from this patient's abdomen, waist and hips which has resulted in a significantly improved body shape. I also treated her inner thighs.*
- Despite a small overhang due to loose skin there has been a very pleasing improvement after liposculpture to the abdomen.*
- The pubic area has been treated with liposculpture at the same time as the abdomen. The pubic area is treated in about 10% of abdomen cases.*
- Liposculpture to the abdomen*
- This 55 year old woman has achieved a good improvement of her abdomen and hips from tumescent liposuction. 2050ml of pure fat was removed from these areas.*
- Any size of abdomen can be treated with liposuction, small abdomens can be flattened for a "washboard stomach" and pot bellies removed. This case is a woman in her thirties after two pregnancies.*
- Usually the upper and lower sections of the abdomen are treated at the same time. This helps get rid of the midriff area just below the rib cage which bulges when sitting.*
- Even though this ladies skin elasticity is poor she achieved reasonable results*
- A fantastic result in a 54 year old woman with abdomen, hips and waist liposculpture*
- 24 hours after liposuction to abdomen - 64 year old*
- In this before and after photos of tummy liposuction this young mother struggled with "baby fat". She had tried diet and exercise with little improvement so was relieved that liposuction was able to easily take her tummy away.*
- Before and after abdomen, hips and waist liposuction photo*
- Liposuction only as this patient did not want a tummy tuck.*
- Side view of before and after liposuction to the abdomen*
* Please note that individual results may vary from patient to patient, and the information provided on our website is only a guidance to the possible results.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is a candidiate for abdomen liposuction?
Anyone with excess abdominal fat can benefit from this procedure. The amount of fat that can be removed depends on the volume present to start with, but a general approximation would be about 70% of the volume present. So regardless of your size the end result will be much smaller.
Is anyone not a good candidate?
People with hernias over the areas to be treated will need to have these repaired before the procedure. Some people (mostly men) have a large proportion of the abdominal fat within the abdomen itself ( behind the muscles) and not in front. They are less suitable for liposuction, but still may benefit to some extent. People with a very large overhang or pannus may do better with a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty).
Are there any scars or changes to sensation?
The small access holes are 1-2mm wide. There are usually 4-5 for treatment of the abdomen, but they can be hidden at the lower margin of the abdomen and in the tummy button. They are not sutured after the procedure and essentially are invisible after a couple of weeks.
What support garments are required?
A special lycra compressive garment is used for 3-6 days or so after the procedure.
How long does the procedure take?
Most abdominal liposuction procedures take from between 2 to 3 hours to complete but you will need to be at Palm Clinic for around 5 hours on the day of liposuction.
How much time will I need off?
In general you should plan on taking 1-2 days off work or slightly longer if your work is active. It would be about 2-3 weeks before normal gym activities or jogging should be restarted.
And the cost?
*Individual results may vary.