Buttock size can be reduced with liposuction and you can be back at work in 3 days.
Many women have a problem with fullness of the buttocks. This can be alone, which makes dressing in some skirts and swimwear just about impossible, or this may be in combination with a fullness in the hips, outer thigh and inner thigh. Liposuction can reduce the volume of the buttocks substantially and bring them into proportion with the remainder of the body. This makes it possible to wear a greater variety of clothes off the rack. Many women find they can finally wear jeans for the first time after buttock liposculpture.
More genuine before and after photo's of liposuction can be viewed in our before & after image gallery.
- 3500ml of fat was removed from the buttocks and outer thighs to provide a more pleasing body contour.*
- The buttocks appear to extend upward in liposuction terms the hips. When this area is treated it improves the waist and makes the top of the buttocks look smaller.*
- Individual results may vary*
- The shape of the buttock has been maintained, to match the proportion of the remainder of the body.*
- After liposculpture there has been a marked decrease in the fullness of the buttock.*
- The buttocks look much improved by removing fat from the hips and outer thighs with liposculpture.*
* Please note that individual results may vary from patient to patient, and the information provided on our website is only a guidance to the possible results.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the buttocks anyway?
Many women and men mistakenly describe their buttocks as the outer thighs or the hips, but really the buttocks are the area in the middle of the body which sticks out backwards at the base of the spine. Often a part of this area must be treated to effectively get rid of saddlebags over the outer thighs.
Who is a candidiate for buttock liposuction?
Any women with an out of proportion buttock area (usually many of these women are their ideal body weight) are good candidates for this procedure. Men can also have problems in this area. Sometimes the buttock area may be abnormally small and out of proportion. Transfer of fat from other areas of the body can be very effective in this area and generally gives a pleasant, even result.
Are there any scars?
There are generally two to three small 2mm wide access points. These are not sutured after the procedure and essentially are invisible after a couple of weeks.
What other areas are treated at the same time?
The inner and outer thighs and sometimes the hips are treated at the same time to give a balanced and maximal result.
What support garments are required?
A special compressive suit is often worn over the area to ensure good shape and to support the whole area. This is worn for 3-6 days.
How long does the procedure take?
Most buttock reduction procedures take from between two to two and a half hours.
How much time will I need off?
In general you should plan on returning to work on day three. It would be about three weeks before normal gym activities or jogging should be restarted.
And the cost?
The cost of this procedure varies according to the areas that require treatment and whether the area is treated alone or in conjunction with other areas. (This is most common). For a more accurate costing try an on-line consultation or phone Palm Clinic on 09 522-8128.