Liposuction to Hips
Prominent hips often referred to as "muffins" can be reduced with liposculpture and you can be back at work in 3 days.
The hips in many women can make the body outline appear quite squarish and in some cases can make it seem as though you have no waist at all. Dresses tend to hang off the top of the hips and they can be much more difficult to hide under clothing than even the large saddlebags on the outer thigh. The so called muffins often bulge over the top of low cut jeans.
In older women liposculpture of the hips are often combined with removing fat from below the bra strap area to improve the waist. This is a difficult area to completely correct as the skin has often been stretched by the bra strap over many years.
More genuine before and after photo's of liposuction of the hips can be viewed in our before & after image gallery.
- In older women the hips are often combined with removing fat from below the bra strap area to improve the waist area. This is a difficult area to completely correct as the skin has often been stretched by the bra strap over many years. The photos demonstrate a pleasing improvement which makes fitting clothes much easier and giving a more youthful appearance.*
- Poor skin elasticity has compromised results but still a significant improvement.*
- This patient has had her abdomen and hips treated. We commonly combine these two areas when performing liposculpture to enhance the waist.*
- 500ml off each hip was removed to produce a more much more youthful body contour for this 55 year old women using liposculpture.*
- For this patient we treated her hips, waist and under bra area with liposuction to give a much more feminine and youthful outline.*
- The hips, outer and inner thighs have been treated with liposuction to produce a much more youthful body contour.*
- The hips always respond well with liposculpture. This area once treated reveals a more feminine shape and a reduced waist. The by product is better fitting clothes.*
- Liposuction to the waist, hips, underbra and inner thighs area have resulted in a much more youthful contour.*
- Individual results may vary*
- Individual results may vary*
- Thsi patient had liposculpture to the hips buttocks and outer thighs. Prior to treatment she had a size 8 top and size 12 bottom. After liposuction she was able to buy clothes off the rack.*
- This young woman had a size 8 top and size 12 bottom. By performing liposuction on her hips, outer thighs and buttocks, the surgeon was able to normalise the assymetry and she is now able to buy clothes off the rack.*
- In the before photo of this young woman the fat on the hips makes her look older than her years. After liposuction her feminine curves are restored providing a more sensual and youthful appearance.*
- The hips and outer thighs have been treated in this young bikini model. She did not like the "double bubble" in the hip and outer thigh area and after careful liposculpture there is now one continuous line giving her body a more refined appearance.*
* Please note that individual results may vary from patient to patient, and the information provided on our website is only a guidance to the possible results.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is a candidiate for hip liposuction?
Any women with fullness over the hip or any degree of squareness when looking in the mirror or when viewed from behind. If clothes tend to sit over the hips or ride up over this area, then liposculpture will be of help as well.
Are there any scars?
There are generally 3 small 2mm wide access points to treat each hip. These are not sutured after the procedure and essentially are invisible after a couple of weeks.
What support garments are required?
A special compression garment is worn for 3 days after the procedure.
What other areas are treated at the same time?
The waist and abdomen are often treated at the same session to give a balanced overall result and the most significant improvement to the torso, though liposculpture to the hips alone is not uncommonly performed.
How long does the procedure take?
Most hip reduction procedures take from about 2 hours.
How much time will I need off?
In general you should plan on taking a day off work. It would be about 2-3 weeks before normal gym activities or jogging should be restarted.
And the cost of hip liposuction?
The cost of this procedure varies according to the areas that require treatment and whether the area is treated alone or in conjunction with other areas. (This is most common.) For an accurate costing, please click the Make an Appointment button or make an appointment by phoning Palm Clinic on (09) 522 8128.