Collection of Personal Information
We may collect information from you when you:
- contact us through our website using an on-line form;
- make a service or treatment enquiry;
- order a product;
- complete a registration form;
- consult with one of our team members;
- subscribe to one of our mailing lists;
- correspond with us, including by email;
- call our clinic;
- contact us via any of our social media forums.
- identify you when treating you;
- to formulate a treatment plan for your care;
- contact you in connection with your health care;
- provide relevant information to your other health care providers;
- improve the quality of health care provided;
- improve the quality of our service;
- enhance the content of our website and our social media platforms;
- keep a record of your treatments;
- comply with legal obligations.
If you do not provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with these services. You can generally visit our website without telling us who you are or revealing other personal information.
To customise your user experience on our website we may provide you with the opportunity to connect, access and/or interact with third-party social networking services, such as Facebook, Google+ and Instagram. If you connect to these third-party social networking services, you are authorising Palm Clinic to access and use certain information from your social network profile. You can opt-out of authorising Palm Clinic from collecting or accessing your information when you are not using the application and you can cancel this service at any time by deleting the application from your social network account.
Disclosure to Third Parties
Palm Clinic acknowledges and thanks you for the trust you have placed with us with regard to your personal information and so will not give your personal information to third parties unless:
- you have given us your consent to do so;
- it is necessary for us to do so to fulfil the primary purpose(s) for which we collected your personal information;
- you would reasonably expect us to disclose it for a related purpose; or
- we are required to do so by law.
Website Data and Cookies
As the holder of your personal information, the security of the data is very important to us, therefore we take the following steps to protect it:
- keep your personal information secure in a combination of secure computer storage, hard copy files and other access-controlled records; and
- ensure your personal information is protected from misuse, interference, loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
When the information is deemed no longer needed, we will make every effort to destroy your personal information, unless a legal exception applies.
Access and Correction
Steps will be made to ensure that all personal information remains current, accurate and complete. We request that you inform us of any changes we may need to be aware of. You have the right to review much of the personal information we retain, and to ensure its accuracy. However, this right is subject to exceptions dictated by law. To request access please contact our Practice Manager, whose details are listed below. Further efforts will need to be made regarding verifying your identity before any requests can be fulfilled. This process may take time and may need to be completed in writing, but every effort will be made to process such requests in a reasonable time.
Queries and Complaints
139 Remuera Road
P: 09 522-8128
Every effort will be made to address any issues you may raise, if, however, you are not satisfied with our response, you may contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner on 0800 803 909